Mass emails are official messages from Florida State University administration, colleges, departments and organizations that communicate information pertinent to the campus community. These messages, powered by Salesforce Marketing Cloud, often are sent from “Important Announcements” and can be sent university-wide or to targeted groups. All you need is some solid content and a catchy subject line, and ITS will help send your message. Whether it’s an upcoming event, new service or change in university operations, mass emails can help you get the word out to the masses. Because, let’s be honest … We all watch for that President’s Ice Cream Social email.
- Official communications | all messages require vice presidential approval
- Media-rich | include graphics, tables, buttons and more in formattable HTML emails
- Targeted audiences | mail to global university audiences such as students or employees or upload custom audience lists
- Insightful metrics | track message success with open rate and click-throughs
- FSU-branded | modern templates branded with FSU colors, fonts and graphics
- All mass emails from Florida State University require approval from a university vice president.
- Mass emails also must contain the following statement at the beginning of the message indicating vice presidential approval: This message to [AUDIENCE] has been approved by [VP NAME], [TITLE].
- We request a minimum of one business day notice for sending mass emails.
There is no charge for this service.
Please refer to the "Search for Help" button in the top right corner of this page to find any relevant FAQs for this offering.
Subject: Mass Email Request
Description: Include the following details:
- Distribution date and time
- Target audience
- Any other relevant information
Attach File: Upload the following files:
- Email message (use the Mass Email Template)
- Vice president approval email
- Image files, as necessary
- Excel spreadsheet of targeted recipient EMPLIDs, as necessary
Click the icons to contact the ITS Service Desk via phone, chat or webform.
Check the ITS Service Status page for the latest info on outages and maintenance.