Security awareness is key to maintaining a safe and secure environment at FSU. As such, ITS security training is provided to the university community through regular monthly sessions and by request. Topics include basic cybersecurity awareness, phishing, FERPA, disaster recovery, GDPR, risk management and university security policies. Training sessions are led by IT security professionals and can be requested by departments and organizations across campus, with content tailored to the audience.
- 10+ topics | content ranges from cybersecurity basics to advanced security and privacy policies
- On-site and virtual | sessions scheduled anywhere across campus or via web conference
- Tailored content | training topics tailored to needs and technical level of audience
- Increased security | educates individuals on how to protect university data
- Professional development | training certificate available for CPE credit
There is no charge for this service.
Please refer to the "Search for Help" button in the top right corner of this page to find any relevant FAQs for this offering.
- Secure Florida
- EDUCAUSE - Security
- ISACA (Certifications: CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC)
- (ISC)² (Certifications: CISSP, SSCP, CSSLP)
- National Institute of Health - Information Security & Privacy Training
- CERT - Training and Educational Courses
- PCI Security Standards Council
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
You are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments on Information Security or Privacy at Florida State.
Click the icons to contact the ITS Service Desk via phone, chat or webform.
Check the ITS Service Status page for the latest info on outages and maintenance.