Need to protect your website? Enterprise SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates are available to all FSU departments and organizations with a web presence. SSL certificates, powered by Sectigo, create an encrypted connection so data can be transmitted safely and securely. All websites that transmit sensitive information, such as personal records or payment information, need to be encrypted via an SSL certificate. Websites protected with an SSL certificate display a green lock icon in the URL bar to assure visitors the site is verified by a trusted third party.
- No cost | enterprise solution available at no cost to university or organizations
- Enterprise standard | proved security standard for all FSU websites
- 2048-bit encryption | certificates are bonded and insured and use 2048-bit encryption
- Multiple platforms | support IIS, Apache and other platforms
- Centrally-managed | quick issuance for new servers and synchronized renewal with one-month notice before expiration
Must be a Florida State University department or organization with a Web presence
There is no charge for this service.
Please refer to the "Search for Help" button in the top right corner of this page to find any relevant FAQs for this offering.
To install an SSL certificate on your Web server(s), please request this service and include the following information in the case:
- A Certificate Signing Request(CSR) generated on the server you intend to install the certificate on
- The Common Name(CN) for the certificate request (e.g. somedomain.fsu.edu) (optional)
- Any additional FSU addresses which should receive communications about the certificate (enrollment, expiration, etc.)
Click the icons to contact the ITS Service Desk via phone, chat or webform.
Check the ITS Service Status page for the latest info on outages and maintenance.