The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) outlines security standards for protecting controlled unclassified information (CUI) within university research and business operations. NIST encompasses 110 individual security controls, ranging from access control to incident response, and is becoming required for more and more university research contracts. ITS research compliance offers consultations to ensure university research meets proper regulatory and contractual restraints related to cybersecurity, thus protecting valuable data and giving researchers peace of mind.
- Industry standard | common language and methodology for managing cybersecurity risk
- Secure data | protects confidential and sensitive information
- Cybersecurity safeguard | protects FSU against malware, ransomware and other cyberthreats
- Industry compliance | compliance with other government and industry regulations, including FISMA and HIPAA
- Peace of mind | compliance protects researcher from contract termination or legal troubles
Please refer to the "Search for Help" button in the top right corner of this page to find any relevant FAQs for this offering.
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Publications
Click the icons to contact the ITS Service Desk via phone, chat or webform.
Check the ITS Service Status page for the latest info on outages and maintenance.